Access Keys:

Killyhommon Primary School, Boho, Enniskillen


31st Mar 2020

In the light of the current situation with the Covid-19 virus, the following questions and answers have been devised to assist parents/guardians and schools with concerns regarding free school meals.

Will I receive help with free school meals now that my child/children are not able to attend school?

The Education Authority has been working with the Department of Education to explore options for making payment to families who are entitled to free school meals. If your child/children currently receive(s) free school meals you will receive financial assistance for each entitled child.

How will this help be provided?

Payments will be made directly into your last known bank account.

If your bank account details have changed in the last 12 months, please update them urgently following instructions below.

My home address and/or bank details has changed in the last year.  How can I update these details?

Please complete the online form which is available on the Education Authority’s website at
If you are updating your bank details please ensure that you provide the National Insurance Number and bank details of the parent/guardian who last applied for free school meals and uniform grants.  Please note that the bank account must be in the same name of the parent/guardian who previously applied for assistance. 

How much will I receive and how often?

Parents/guardians will receive £2.70 per day per child and payments will be made every two weeks.  For each child you will receive a fortnightly payment of £27.00 until 30th June or until your child’s/children’s school reopen whichever is soonest.

When will I receive my first payment?

The actual date of payment cannot be confirmed. It is anticipated payments to all recipients for whom we have the correct bank details will be made over a ten day period starting 1 April 2020. 

Please note incorrect bank or building society sort code or account number details may prevent/delay payment.

I have recently lost my job or my circumstances have changed.  Can I receive help with free school meals?

Yes, you will need to immediately inform HMRC / Universal Credit / the Social Security Agency and inform them of the change in your circumstances.  When you begin to receive a qualifying benefit, you can then submit a free school meals application form with the relevant proof of benefit (see details on the application form).  Application forms are available from the Education Authority’s website or you can call our office on 028 3751 2523.